Job Opportunity: Fundraising and Sustainability Coordinator (FSC)
Position: Fundraising and Sustainability Coordinator (FSC)
Duration: 1-year contract renewable
Working Hours: Part-time (3 days a week)
Location: SEP office located in 2.5B Kitisuru
Remuneration: Gross annual allowance of 720,000/= (subject to withholding tax).
Main purpose of the job:
- To Draw and implement sustainability strategy for SEP programs.
- To train SEP members on fundraising skills.
- To create replicable pathways to reach out to potential donors.
- To review current Donor engagements and give comprehensive analysis with recommendations to the SEP board.
- To run quarterly fundraising events.
- To explore government and nonprofit policies that can help SEP with its sustainability strategy.
Roles for the Fundraising & Sustainability Coordinator Job
- Working with the SEP Team / Board to deliver activities.
- Representing SEP externally to funders, partners, other NGOs and government as required.
- Working towards SEP sustainability goals to ensure efficiency in fulfilling the strategic plan.
- Implement 4 fundraising activities per contract year.
- Publishing SEP sustainability strategy.
- Develop, implement and support pathways that target key funders and improve funding applications outcomes.
- Attend meetings of the partner organizations to ensure that resolutions are communicated appropriately and improve government and SEP relations.
- Represent the organization to the highest professional standard at external forums, networks and meetings as required.
- Run 2 workshops per year for SEP members on project funding and sustainability.
- Prepare reports for the SEP Management Committee meetings (which take place at least quarterly) and SEP Members (which take place monthly) on resource mobilization and communication issues and activities.
- Research, identify, and prioritize potential funding opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with donors and potential donors via email, phone calls, and in person meetings.
- Own and improve the SEP database of potential funding opportunities, by actively identifying opportunities, writing funding proposals, project plans, budgets, any other following up, and being instrumental in converting opportunities into approved funding.
- Contribute to the fundraising strategy to encourage new or increased contributions.
- In a long term perspective implement marketing activities for SEP’s income generating products and services.
- In a long term perspective contribute to SEP’s publishing strategy and implementation.
- Keep updated with SEP project situations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Proven experience in fundraising, donor engagement, and sustainability strategies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong networking and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Proficiency in using fundraising tools and databases.
- Experience in project management an added advantage
If you are passionate about making a meaningful impact in the field of special needs and possess the skills required for this role, we invite you to apply. Please submit your updated CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience to [email protected]. The application deadline is 8th September 2023.
About Us: Special Education Professionals (SEP) is an organization of therapists and special needs teachers who work in a multidisciplinary team, applying a transdisciplinary approach. SEP operates in Nairobi and selected rural areas. The SEP office is located on main Kitisuru Road, House no. 2.5B, Nairobi, Kenya. We are seeking a dedicated and motivated Fundraising and Sustainability Coordinator (FSC) to join our team. Join SEP’s mission and be the driving force behind our sustainability and growth. Apply today!
Contact Information: For inquiries, please contact Louisa Wangalwa at [email protected] or 0733267869NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.