SEP is a professional body. It recruits its members from the following professionals:
- Special Education Teachers
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Learning Specialists
SEP offers professionals different kinds of membership:
- Full Membership – this is offered to professionals who have the necessary qualifications of a minimum of 3 years course and have a minimum of 2 years work experience in the field.
- Intern Membership – this is offered to professionals who have recently graduated from college/university and yet don’t have the required minimum of 2 years experience. These professionals will become full members once they fulfill 2 years of experience.
- Associate Membership – This is offered to persons who have some degree/diploma in the field of special education or rehabilitation yet have not done a minimum of 3 years course. These persons will not become full members unless they will do additional courses.
- Affiliate Membership – This is offered to professionals working with children in health/education field whose profession is related to yet not one of the above listed groups.
To become a member, please…
- Ensure your professional profile matches the above mentioned admission standards
- Fill out the SEP membership application form (download) and bring or send it to the SEP office
Kindly contact the SEP office for further inquiries
Upon joining SEP you will benefit from a 2 week intensive trans-disciplinary training aimed at improving your knowledge, skills and abilities; as well as 6 months of practical experience in the transdisciplinary approach as you will be practically exposed to working together with special needs teachers, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists in SEP projects.
Once a year (usually in October-November) SEP organises a membership intake for new interns. After admission, the new interns join a two weeks trans-disciplinary training.
kindly download the membership application form found in the downloads section and send it back to us via email.