SEP is a professional body. It recruits its members from the following professionals:
- Special Education Teachers
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Learning Specialists
SEP offers professionals different kinds of membership:
- Full Membership – this is offered to professionals who have the necessary qualifications of a minimum of 3 years course and have a minimum of 2 years work experience in the field.
- Intern Membership – this is offered to professionals who have recently graduated from college/university and yet don’t have the required minimum of 2 years experience. These professionals will become full members once they fulfill 2 years of experience.
- Associate Membership – This is offered to persons who have some degree/diploma in the field of special education or rehabilitation yet have not done a minimum of 3 years course. These persons will not become full members unless they will do additional courses.
- Affiliate Membership – This is offered to professionals working with children in health/education field whose profession is related to yet not one of the above listed groups.
To become a member, please…
- Make sure your professional profile fits with the SEP criteria mentioned above
- Fill out the SEP membership application form (download) and bring or send it to the SEP office
You can also contact the SEP office for a first meeting.
Once a year (usually in October-November) SEP organises a membership intake for new interns. After acceptation the new interns join a two weeks trans-disciplinary training.
kindly download the membership application form found in the downloads section and send it back to us via email.